Thursday, April 3, 2008

Richie and the MTC

Yesterday Justin and I had the opportunity to go with Richie and my parents to the MTC. It was a great experience to see Richie off. Most anyone reading this is aware that Richie is serving his mission in Perth Australia, and he is so excited. We dropped him off, helped him with his luggage, he got his name tag, and then went to this orientation for the missionaries and their families. A couple people spoke, there was a short video about missionaries and their experience at the MTC, and then Richie went out one door and the rest of us went out the other.



We are so excited for Richie, and I couldn't be more proud of him. Its weird that he is gone. I didn't think I would miss him as much as I do. It was amazing to me to see my brother act all grown up. He looked great in his suit and tie with the 'dork dot' on his name tag (meaning he is a newbie). It made me laugh! and then I started crying. I actually held myself together very well, but I have a moment now and then when my eyes start to tear up.

But it was a great experience and now we have two years of letters, pictures, and phone calls on Mother's Day and Chirstmas to look forward to. It will experience for all of us.

No comments: